Thursday, February 9, 2012

04



The test kiln and I have been inseparable for the past week. While I am of the generation that should have more faith in computers and kiln sitters, I still find myself checking my kilns way for often even when they do all the work for me.

This kiln held not only pastries, but also one of my latest experiments of glazed concrete. Both cement and concrete break down easily after being fired so this enables me to coat a slab in glaze and gently chisel the crumbling material away after the firing to get flat pieces of melted glaze material with a nice gritty texture on the back - great for garnishes on future pieces.

This afternoon I have also set up my space to start working large. Medalta is kindly letting me use the studio reclaim for free to work much larger, so expect photo update on that in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment