Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jonathan Mess


Landfill No. 7: Northeast Corner


Landfill No. 29: Cross Sections


Landfill No. 29: Central Cross Section


Landfill No. 43: Southern Cross Section


Landfill No. 44: Northern Cross Section



I was initially introduced to these pieces through a friend who (clearly!) saw some visual similarities between our work. As it turns out, we are both motivated by some similar issues and share some aesthetic qualities but are working with different concepts. And we both have ties to Maine. It is a small world.

Check out his website here.

1 comment:

  1. I have a question: are these real landfill sections that you have extracted? I am doing an architecture project for school on a former landfill and I would like to expose the visual decaying of the fill and seeing an actual section would greatly further my project! Thanks

    ReplyDelete