Sunday, July 29, 2012

New Media













This is not new media, it's wordplay. Or maybe it is, I suppose blogs would fall under the umbrella of social media and Wikipedia informs me that social media is a form of new media. Sometimes I wonder how much of what I know is actually accurate or even worth knowing at all but I always find myself stumbling back from the precipice of existentialism and landing back in the internet.

At any rate, here are some more things I like and I am thinking about working with fibers when I get to Chicago. Clay and textiles share domestic connotations and it might be a nice challenge to tie this together with some sort of clever yet accessible comparison to politics or the environment or something else people care about. I just need to come up with the clever part and right now I am occupied with plane tickets and the apartment and job search and my ongoing intentions to sit under the sprinkler the superintendent puts out to water the lawn.


images from here
and here

No comments:

Post a Comment