Friday, December 14, 2012

The End of the Donut and the Beginning of Concha Rosa





This is how it ends. A moldy crust with sprinkle stains on top of a rusty pole. Many weeks ago I left a ground donut on Montrose. We have been through a lot together, we had a lot of good times, but it has come to a slow and rather anticlimactic end.

Entra pan dulce. One of my current students is from Mexico and he brings me bread. I enjoy this, and I eat it. This particular conchas got left out and went stale over the course of last class. Naturally, I photographed it on a variety of surfaces.







And then I popped it on top of the pole where it sits majestically in the sun.





Ultimately it needed to be glued down with coffee. (Never thought I would write that sentence!) due to windy weather conditions. This means that it blew off the pole and hit me in the face with an explosion of pink frosting. Which was both tasty and hilarious.



Updates to follow in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment