Sunday, March 24, 2013

Home








I'm back home after four very busy days in Houston and I've returned with plenty of food for thought. It will take a few days to decompress, but I know that now I am back in the mindset of research and writing that I seem to have lost since I moved to Chicago. Somehow I suppose I figured that by being in an urban center I could experience these contemplative experiences simply by living alongside them. Instead I have gone in a very different direction intellectually, which has served to be a very important shift, but it is time to do some more legwork and actually get to the root of what this body of work is really about.

So it would seem that while NCECA was a bit disappointing in terms of panel discussions I was particularly interested in, it has again caused me to question my practice and the reality of whether or not I am truly invested in what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment